Google
 

Monday 9 July 2007

My turn to live the tradition

Around 30 of our section ‘dunkards’ got together to dunk me on July 2nd (my birthday). The Cake was cut and smeared all over my face and then as per the commands of ISB tradition, I too was dunked (thrown) in the pool. Now, Cake was being smeared on my face in public, but I was loving every moment of it – that is the power of this wonderful tradition of dunking.



Many a times previously I had escaped dunking using my camera as my shield. However, this day there was no escaping and in fact I was warned before hand by our ‘dunkards’ against getting my camera. There was no dearth of photographs though as there were many who had brought their cameras. We had some strict deadlines to meet the next day and most of the ISBians were busy breaking their heads with Markstrat. Yet, a huge number of my section mates turned out for the dunking and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the big turnout. Thank you guys for all your love and affection.

The day was made even more special by my family who joined me on that day in fact joined the other ‘dunkards’ in dunking me. My three year old son was also there to witness it all and he still laughs recollecting that night of dunking.

I am still not very clear about my exact goals at ISB. My son, however is absolutely clear about his one goal at ISB – that goal is to dunk me again in the pool – and this time all by himself!

P.S. The second part of my previous post on Admission Essays is due. I shall post that part in the next few days.

No comments: