Google
 

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Affects of ISB on Normal life.

I went to a restaurant called ‘Basil’ the other day and was about to leave after a happy meal when the feedback form of the restaurant, lying unfilled on my table, screamed for my attention. There was a certain strange quality to this scream. I could not believe my ears when I heard our Statistics Professor Bob Stine screaming out from the feedback form! I’m not kidding guys, I’m serious!

Bob was shouting that this unfilled form would go as a ‘no-response’ in the statistical estimations of the level of customer satisfaction at the hotel. He asked me how, after all that he had taught us, could I make life more difficult for a statistician. Bob had drilled deep into us, in his classes, the adverse effect that ‘no-response(s)’ could have on such statistical estimations. And for the love of Bob and for his subject – Statistics – I could not help but sit back again and fill up the form.

My family who were waiting at the gate while I filled the form really wondered what had come of me. When they asked me I said, “Nothing, I just met my Professor of stats from ISB - Bob Stine!” They found nothing normal in my reply but then they have hardly found anything normal in me ever since I took this ‘abnormal’ decision (for person with his own business) of joining ISB.

P.S. Well guys, I ‘m baack! And as promised earlier, this post is about ISB or rather about the ways in which the learning(s) from ISB have already started ‘affecting’ our lives. I actually had couple of other interesting (oh yeah?) tales too. However, I shall let them be for some other post. For now, I’ve got to finish my Economics assignment and also upload photos of a dunking session.

1 comment:

Dr.Vishwakirti Sharma said...

hey aashish ,

this is called hallucination man

; ) the studies are getting to you.